Thursday 10 November 2011

Pollock with Tomato and Basil

I have been very busy these days. It was meant to be my relaxing time (while Missy is settling at her childminder before I went back to work), but as things turn out, I am once again looking for a job! I must say that looking for a job part-time in my area of work is very difficult. It is also fairly difficult to do so with a little pickle tugging at my trousers in the afternoons. I can't refuse her my company and attention, she is too cute!

Anyway, I have been cooking a little more, but haven't been posting - AGAIN! She likes to eat fish. Actually she likes most things - I am so lucky - but she loves fish! So I went and bought a 150g fillet of fish for her. I thought it might be optimistic, but i gave it a go. Why not? I could eat the rest, right? Wrong! There was pretty much none left! How can she eat so much?! I am not complaining, I just purely don't understand the physics of it. Where does the food go?



Serves 2 plus very hungry baby/toddler

600g Pollock or white firm fish
1-2 tomatoes
handfull basil leaves
olive oil
squeeze of lemon
pepper

Lay the fish on a piece of foil. Chop the tomatoes and lay them across the top of the fish. Top with the basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze of lemon. Grind a generous amount of pepper.



Seal the foil, by folding the edges together - into a small package. Place on a tray and put in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through, but not overcooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment